Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mind. Body. Soul. (Art Journaling)

Journal entries for Mind. Body. Soul.

I've been keeping up with my homework for Leslie's art journaling e-course, Mind. Body. Soul., and I have to say, this book is turning out to be entirely different than I originally intended. More on that later, but for now, here are my pages for the second-to-last word to ponder, Renew:

"I found an eyelash"

Black Uni Ball Signo pen enhanced with yellow Stickles glitter

Art papers from the latest issue of Somerset Memories

"Renew": It's in there, under all the scribbling . . .

"Who among you are willing to be dark so that the others can shine?"

Decorative and vintage papers cut into haphazard stars

Caran D'Ache crayons, Stickles, fine glitter, and silver leafing

A vintage teardrop crystal wired onto a punched hole on the top of the page

That's it for now - and almost for good - the class ends soon with the final word(s) for us to contemplate: Anxiously Engaged. Wish me luck . . ..

Kristin xo

16 comments:

Alexandra MacVean said...

Kristin,
Your pages are simply beautiful! I LOVE the blue-purple pages alot. Stars, dreaming...uh huh. LOVE it. :)

Janet said...

Swoon! I love the eyelash pages. Lovely texture and color palette...and the purple pages are beautiful, too.

Cameron said...

I just love that message on you eyelash page! Such a wonderful thing to be living the life you love!

These pages are just as beautiful as the last....a gorgeous book this will be completed!!!

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

I love seeing your pages! You are so creative and I love to see how you interpret things. You just make me want to grab some paint and GO! You are making me want some purple to go with my yellow phase right now. :)

Terri Corona said...

Love your pages, especially the eyelash ones - that color combination just gets me, and I love the message. I've never done journal pages based on a prompt - I bet it's not easy.

Daniele Valois said...

Wickedly beautiful and wonderful, like you!!!

I really want this book in my hands!!!

Jenny said...

Absolutely gorgeous Kristin... love your pages... and your words... always so nice when we find a class that not only inspires us but resonates as well...

Hugs
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Fab-u-lous! As always! The purple page just pops. So striking! And so glad this class resonates with you. It shows in your stunning pages.

Diane said...

You know how to bring you thoughts out so well with your journaling and your artwork--love it all!!

Lesley Edmonds said...

Gorgeous pages Kristin as Diane says, your thoughts and your art just mingle effortlessly.
x

Carolyn Dube said...

I'll wish you luck but I don't think you need it at all- your journaling pages are stunning. Love the look of the eyelash lettering- wouldn't have known what it was if you hadn't told us! And your stars! The haphazard starts give off such a feeling of freedom and creativity!

scrapwordsmom said...

You always, always, always inspire me!! I am looking forward to YOUR challenge...Summer of Color. Coming so soon! Hooray!!!

sugar Creek said...

Love your pages! The first one is my favorite! I can never bring my self to tear those pages out and use them, hehe. I'm silly that way! xx

Unknown said...

Your pages are beautiful. You put so much into each one that I want to explore each little bit. I really love seeing your art. I am inspired to create lovely pieces after seeing what you have created. I love that they are so full of meaning too. Thanks for sharing Kristin.

K J D said...

I really love the feeling you create in your pages.... and the depth...

good luck for your challenging 'last words' !

Karenx

E Makes Art said...

Oh my... I stinkin' love the "eyelash" pages!! Fantastic! And congrats on being in another Somerset!! You are on fire Girlie!!

xoE