Friday, December 3, 2010

Sparkly Things . . .

Swarovski crystal "Dog Tags"
Pale pink Swarovski crystal license plate frame


As many of you know, my obsession with sparkle runs deep: there is nothing that compares to the dance of light from a Swarovski crystal, and I have been working with them in various forms for years now. As I mentioned in our last award post, in addition to mixed media art, I also make crystal encrusted "Dog Tag" necklaces and license plate frames. A few people expressed an interest in seeing them (and since I just completed a few holiday orders), I thought that this - the celebration of another blog award - would be the perfect excuse to share them . . .

The "Dog Tag" necklaces are made in several different colors and hang low (on a 30 inch ball chain) so that they can be adjusted to various lengths. The sparkle is tremendous and because of this, they are so much fun to wear. The license plate frame is comprised of over 550 4 mm stones meticulously hand applied (yes, you read that right!) to each chrome-plated metal (read, heavy and substantial) frame. They take over 3 hours to make and are the ultimate in sparkle and shine, both day and night. If you are interested in making one yourself, let me know and I will give you all my suppliers / tips . . .

Now, on the the fun part! I am honored and excited to have been given the "My Blog has Attitude!" award from the sweet and talented Jan of Jan's Arty ATC Journey! Please pop over when you can - you'll be so happy that you did . . .


With this award, I am asked to share three things that you may not know about me, so here they are: 

1.  I don't own a hair dryer 
(well okay I do, but it's only used for art projects!) 
2.  I am a horrible driver.
3.  I am obsessed with coffee and drink waaaay to much of it.

I also get to celebrate a few blogs that I love. So without further adieu, here they are:

1.  Carin
2.  Jessica
3.  Kristy

Thanks for being here!
Kristin xo
    

6 comments:

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

OMG No hair-dryer Kristin!! :O
I drink far too much coffee too!!
Wow, Love the bling!!

Jan x

Jodene Shaw said...

Oooo, Kristin...these sparklies caught my eye! How pretty!

Congratulations on publication in Somerset Studio AGAIN!!! So excited and inspired for and by you!!

love & grace,
jodi

sarah said...

awesome! love love love it! i need one for each one of my kids... i think being a mother is living a war zone... dog tags with sparkle just might save the day! blessings...s....

Catherine said...

Hi Kristin,
I finally got a chance to look at your blog... you are one talented mama! I love it! So fun meeting you last week. I look forward to chatting with you more and hearing all about your journey to baby #2. :)

Love & Blessings,
Catherine

E Makes Art said...

I love all the bling! I can't believe you don't have a hairdryer! What do you do in the winter when it's cold? I'm in awe! LOL!

Also, I love your idea of doing the little coffee shop challenge "together"! That would be sooo much fun!! Maybe after the holidays?

xoEsther

JessiVille said...

Hi Kristin! I left a comment but it didn't post. So I'll try again - ha! Thank you so much for mentioning me and my blog! Congrats the on your award!. OMG - no hair dryer? I am addicted to my morning s/f vanilla latte even tho it's usually decaf now. I have to have it! I love your new holiday background too!