Sunday, May 9, 2010

MMM: Wedded Bliss

"Her looking at Him"
7 x 7 Chipboard Album Cover

I wanted to do something a little different for this week's Mixed Media Monday prompt, Wedded Bliss, and share with you the cover of an album I created for my husband on our last anniversary. Although the style is cleaner than what I would normally produce (no Swarovski crystals here), I tried to keep in mind that it was for him and create something that was simple and masculine. 

This album cover started life as a piece of 7 x7 chipboard that was first covered in gesso before being painted with several coats of white acrylic. I then used Claudine Hellmuth's peeling paint technique to create a distressed look on the top layer with black acrylic. Further distressing came in the form of sandpaper and my fingernails. A small black leather frame (intended to be used as a refrigerator magnet) with a picture of us on our wedding day served as the final touch.  

Thank you for looking! I look forward to seeing all your blissful pieces this week . . .

Kristin xo

17 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Very special and thoughtful!!!

Sandy said...

Oh wow this rock.
Amazing piece of art.

Rosie said...

Kristin - it's gorgeous! I love your departure from fluffy to clean and masculine - it's brilliant! I bet your hubby was over the mooon. What a great idea and you certainly mastered that technique! Bravo!! xx

My Creative House said...

A very special and wonderful book cover Kristin, I'm sure your husband liked it and appreciate your fine and personal gift.
Anni

johanna said...

wonderful album cover! love that distressed look of the peeling paint technique!

joanna said...

You are such a beautiful couple!! I love your album! your husband is sure lucky to have such a talented wife!
xoxo

Taluula said...

A very special and wonderful token of your love.

Carin said...

Love the album cover and the peeling paint technique!

NANCY LEFKO said...

Terrific....what a wonderful gift.

Julia Christie said...

Love this and what a great present for him. Such a beautiful couple!

Smiles and hope you had a lovely Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

beautiful....i love that it's black rather than the standard white or ivory. very unique...:)

Michelle said...

Very pretty but not so much so that a man wouldn't want to touch it! Well done : )

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful album cover. I am certain your husband loved it.

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow--this is just gorgeous!!! What a fabulous entry! The perfect "wedded bliss!"
Hugs,
Cindy

Unknown said...

you know everything you do is wonderful Kristin...this is gorgeous!!!

Hugs
Diana

Amy said...

You both are so gorgeous and so is your delightful album!!! Love it..thanks for sharing something so dearing to you.

Diane said...

It's beautiful, Kristin! I'm sure your hubby loved it! Diane