Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day


Kendra, age 4

May your joys be as bright as the morning,
And your sorrows merely be shadows that fade,
In the sunlight of love.
May you have enough
happiness to keep you sweet.
Enough trials to keep you strong.
Enough sorrows to keep you human.
Enough hope to keep you happy.
Enough failure to keep you humble.
Enough success to keep you eager.
Enough friends to give you comfort.
Enough faith and courage in yourself to banish sadness.
Enough wealth to meet your needs.
And one thing more: enough
determination to make each day a more wonderful day
than the day before.

-- Irish Blessing

7 comments:

Rae said...

This is what art is about! Love, love, love it.
I show off my little ones art as much as I can!!!!
You really have a gift of encouragement!
I love the idea of making calenders. Thanks.

Thanks for the sweet blessing too! Right back at you!

peggy gatto said...

Perfect way to celebrate, Thank you!!

Trudy said...

That's so sweet. Great job, Kendra. It's beautiful.

Nicola said...

Awww what a wonderful job done by little Kendra. Beautiful rainbow and beautiful words well done guys! xoxo

Shona Cole said...

never heard that! good one. but best of all I love Kendra's art work. I will have to show my 4 year old tomorrow :) I bet she will want to make one too.

Trudy said...

Kristen, I was looking at your papers again today just trying to get an idea of how to do my papers. I really like how you painted them. Would you be able to explain your process to me either in a comment or an email? My email address can be found on my profile through my About Me. I noticed that each page looks to be one color, but is it two? What did you blend or spread the colors around the page with and anything else you did? I would like to try to do what you did. I've already painted my papers last night. I'm not completely happy with them; so I would like to do some more and try a different technique. Thanks so much.

Amy said...

really cute rainbow..love the quote! Thanks for the frienship!