Sunday, August 16, 2009

My "newbie-ness"!

MMM Blue & Green Sampler: 11x14 Canvas Panel

It took less than a day for my "newbie-ness" (let's pretend it's a word) to show full force. . . After staying up most of the night in an effort to post my first Mixed Media Monday challenge (the subject being "Blue and Green"), I woke up this morning only to realise that I was too late! I guess that all entries must be due on the Friday of each week instead of the Sunday as I assumed. My first clue was that the winners had already been posted. Sigh . . .

Well, since I can only learn from this lapse in judgement (why didn't I look into that more thoroughly?), I will attempt to post my Blue & Green Sampler to the MMM site anyway -- if that is allowed -- to at the very least let it be known that I appreciate the opportunity to grow from the prompt that was given. If you are interested in viewing more detailed shots of the piece above, please feel free to click on the Flickr badge and search for the Mixed Media Monday set.

By the way, my little friend Camden in the picture above was my Muse for this challenge. The first thing that came to my mind when thinking about "Blue and Green", was a picture that I recently took of him on the 4th of July. And yes, he really is that beautiful. Since his Mom just gave me a hard time for not having given him any artwork, I will pass this on to them. After all, It must have been meant for him all along.

Wish me luck for next week's MMM challenge, the subject of which is "Stars". I hope to have my act together by then . . . .










3 comments:

Diane said...

Kristen, your sampler is wonderful. It's not because you're a newbie - it's because I confuse people, LOL! I am in Australia, so I post the new challenges on Monday morning my time. But I always do the sampler and Art of the Week on Sunday evening, just so I don't have as much to do on Monday. But you are welcome to post your piece whenever you like. Hope to see more of your lovely art! Diane

Kristin said...

Thank you so much Diane for your kind message! I really appreciate your thoughts and encouragement to do more. I look forward to getting to know and "play" with you all... Thank you once again, Kristin

Diane said...

Oh, Kristin, I forgot to tell you (in case you didn't know) that on the bar on the right hand side of the MMM site, there is a little "psst..." notice that tells you in advance what the theme will be for the following week. In case you like to think in advance (like me). Hope you enjoy Mixed Media Monday! Diane